Nipsey Hussle Murder Suspect Named, Search Underway; 19 Injured at Vigil

The Los Angeles police department (LAPD) has issued an arrest warrant for a suspect in the murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle, as a search for the gunman is underway, while 19 people were injured last night at a vigil held at the scene of Sunday’s shooting.

LAPD has identified Eric Holder, a 29-year-old resident of Los Angeles with gang ties, as the suspected gunman, and have issued an arrest warrant. The LAPD has released information about the suspect on their social media pages, and is asking for the public’s help in locating the suspect.

nipsey-feat
Shutterstock.com

Surveillance Footage Gives Clue

Newly released surveillance footage from the shooting shows Hussle among four people standing by a car, as a figure in dark clothing approaches them, and everyone scatters. Two people fall to the ground.

Police said the suspect fired multiple times, then ran to a nearby alley where a vehicle, driven by an unidentified female, was waiting. They allege Holder entered from the passenger side as the vehicle fled.

At a vigil held Monday night at the scene of Hussle’s murder, an unknown incident caused the crowd to panic, resulting in multiple injuries. Fire officials said 19 people were transported to hospitals. Among them, two were in critical condition and two in serious condition.

At least one person was stabbed, and another had been struck by a vehicle. The majority of people hospitalized had suffered from “trample injuries” according to fire officials.