Kazakhstan: Potential Unknown Pneumonia Outbreak Deadlier Than Covid-19

Shutterstock

A warning has been issued by the Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan that the country is experiencing an outbreak of an “unknown pneumonia” that is potentially deadlier than the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 – plus, Chinese virologist accuses China of coronavirus cover-up.

Viral pneumonia in Kazakhstan could be deadlier then coronavirus

The Chinese Embassy issued a warning to citizens living in Kazakhstan about an “unknown pneumonia” that could potentially be more deadly and COVID-19, CNN reported.

“Kazakhstani Health Department and other agencies are conducting comparative research and have not defined the nature of the pneumonia virus,” a statement by the Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan said. “This disease is much deadlier than Covid-19.”

The embassy warned citizens living in the region that the pneumonia virus had already killed 1,772 people, some of whom were Chinese citizens.

CNN reported that it has been unable to independently verify the Chinese Embassy report, but the media outlet has reached out to Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Healthcare for further details.

Kazakhstan acknowledges pneumonia, but denies danger

The Kazakhstan Health Ministry issued an official statement on Friday in which it acknowledged that threat was a presence in the country of “viral pneumonias of unspecified etiology.” However, the Ministry of Health denied that the outbreak was new or unknown.

“In response to these reports, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan officially declares that this information does not correspond to reality,” an official statement read.

According to guidelines established by the World Health Organization (WHO), it added the “unspecified” pneumonia classification “for the registration of pneumonia when the coronavirus infection is diagnosed clinically or epidemiologically but is not confirmed by laboratory testing.”

Chinese virologist accuses Beijing of coronavirus cover-up

In an exclusive report, a virologist told Fox News that she believed China knew about coronavirus before Beijing is claiming it first became aware, accusing the country of a cover-up, and now is fleeing Hong Kong, saying, “I know how they treat whistleblowers.”

A scientist in Hong Kong,  Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a specialist in virology and immunology at the Hong Kong School of Public Health, who is now fleeing to the United States, granted an exclusive interview to Fox in which she told the media outlet that she believes China knew about the coronavirus outbreak well before the time they have claimed to have knowledge, much earlier than they reported to the world.

Dr. Li-Meng Yan, who is now in hiding, also believes her life is in danger, and believes if caught she could be thrown in jail or “disappeared and killed.”

“The reason I came to the U.S. is because I deliver the message of the truth of COVID,” the doctor told Fox News from an undisclosed location.

She told Fox she was one of the first scientists in the world to study the novel coronavirus.

“The China government refused to let overseas experts, including ones in Hong Kong, do research in China,” she said. “So I turned to my friends to get more information.”

That friend was a scientist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in China, who told her on December 31 about human-to-human transmission well before China and the WHO reported such spread of the disease was possible.

On January 9, WHO reported: “According to Chinese authorities, the virus in question can cause severe illness in some patients and does not transmit readily between people… There is limited information to determine the overall risk of this reported cluster.”

Dr. Li-Meng Yan said she reported her findings to her supervisor again on January 16, but said she was told to “keep silent and be careful. We will get in trouble and we’ll be disappeared.”