Two out of three people shot overnight during Kenosha riots are dead, as Jacob Blake’s mom criticizes rioters for destroying the city and apologizes to President Trump over comments made by a family member.
Julia Jackson, the mother of 29-year-old Jacob Blake who was shot by police Kenosha, Wisconsin over the weekend, said she is “disgusted” by the rioters who are now destroying the city, Daily Wire reported.
“My family and I are very hurt and quite frankly disgusted,” Jackson said during interview with CNN. “And as his mother, please don’t burn up property and cause havoc and tear your own homes down in my son’s name. You shouldn’t do it.
“People shouldn’t do it anyway, but to use my child or any other mother or father’s child, our tragedy to react in that manner is just not acceptable,” Jackson continued.
“And it’s not helping Jacob. It’s not helping Jacob or any other of the men or women who has suffered in these areas.”
During the interview with CNN, Julia Jackson, Jacob Blake’s mom was asked by the host if there was anything she wanted to say to any elected officials.
“For our President Trump, first I want to say a family member — and I don’t know if it was heard or not — said something that was not kind,” Jackson said. “She is hurting and I do apologize for that. Our outburst does not reflect our behavior.”
“And also, for President Trump, I’m sorry I missed your call because had I not missed your call, maybe the comments that you made would have been different,” Jackson continued.
“And I’m not mad at you at all. I have the utmost respect for you as the leader of our country. Like I said before, and I’m not saying this to him directly, we should always get the details from the right source before we start throwing bricks.”
Two of the three people shot during rioting in Kenosha, Wisconsin, overnight and died from their injuries, as the protests continue for a third consecutive night, following the shooting of Jacob Blake on Sunday.
The third shooting victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, according to a statement by the Kenosha Police Department, who released few details of the shootings on Wednesday morning, NPR reported.
Police said the investigation was ongoing and the details were still being determined. Police were requesting witnesses to step forward with information.
NPR reported that Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel one victim was shot in the head, another in the chest, and he was unsure where the third shooting victim had been wounded.
Reportedly, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers (D) initially refused an offer from the Trump administration to provide help from the National Guard to quell the writing.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said that both he and President Trump spoke with the governor by phone, but the governor refused assistance, Daily Wire reported.
Governor Evers has since declared a statewide state of emergency and has ordered additional National Guard troops to the area to assist local law enforcement bringing the total deployment in the Kenosha at 250 troops.
Kenosha is roughly 30 miles south of Milwaukee with a population of approximately 100,000.